Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick[_4_] Rick[_4_] is offline

Default Changing default file location in Word 2003

In Word 2003, I'd like to change the File location of my default
directory that I save files into and open from. I click on Tools |
Options | File Locations. I select the Documents filetype and then
click Modify. It brings up the Modify Location dialog and I see a
list of folders. I click on DOCS but it
doesn't insert it into the Folder Name edit box. I click ok and
nothing happens; my default folder is still what I had before.

I'm on a corporate computer; is it possible that I'm being prevented
from changing my default file location?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, I'd say that you're probably being prevented from changing the
settings. Talk to the network administrator.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP