Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ros

Default Page numbering

Kindly assist - I have 15 pages in a Word Document. 1st page is a cover page
(not numbered) and the 2nd page onwards I would like to have it as 'Page 1 of
14' and so on till the last page is numbered as "Page 14 of 14'. If I use
the 'Page x of y' as given on the 'Header and Footer' sub-menu, my page 2
will turn out to be 'Page 1 of 15' and the last page will show as 'Page 14 of
15'. Reason is being the Cover Page is recognized as one of the 15 pages.

Appreciate your kind assistance.

Thank you !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If the doc is as simple as you suggest (without section breaks, etc.) & is
not going to undergo further revision which would impact pagination, the
easiest thing to do is _not_ use the #of Pages field at all. Instead, use the
Format Page Number dialog box to set the starting number @ 0 (zero). Go to
ViewHeader & Footer and simply type in the ' of 14' following the Page
Number field.

There are more 'professional' approaches which will probably be suggested,
so make sure to check back if you need to explore other options.

HTH |:)