Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder

Default Page numbering

Hi all,

I have a document with roman and normal numbering in Word 2003 SP2. The page
setup settings are set to "different first page". The document has the
following structu

Heading/Page name (page number)
=======================
Titel page (no number)
---Section Break (Next Page)---
Management summary (I [roman])
---Page Break---
Table of contents (II - IV [roman])
---Page Break---
Glossary (V [roman])
---Section Break (Next Page)---
Start of the document (...)
2nd page of document (2 [normal])
3rd page of document (3 [normal])

My problem is that I don't get a number on the "Start of the document" page.
If I add a numbering there, the numbering also appears on the "Title page"
afterwards.

Do you have any ideas who I could add a page number to the "Start of
document" page?

Kind regards,

Simon Minder
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Simon,

You can use fields to determine whether a page is the first page of the
first section and if so, do not display a page number. Display a page number
on all other pages.

Place the following fields in a header of your document:
{ IF { SECTION } 1 { PAGE } { IF { PAGE } 1 { PAGE } } }
Copy this to all other headers. Be sure to use Insert | Field... to place
the fields; normally you can do the same by pressing Ctrl-F9 to insert an
emty field and subsequently type the text in it, but for some reason that did
not work with me.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Simon Minder" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder

Hi Cooz,

I resolved the problem. However, the problem was that I have linked the
headers/footers to the previous page. I pressed the "Link to Previous" botton
on the header and footer toolbar and was able to resolve the problem.

Kind regards,

Simon

"Simon Minder" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for
instructions for this type of document. Note, however, that by convention
the title page is always page 1 or i even though no number is printed on the
page.