Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Owl1 Owl1 is offline

Default Word Clipboard Toolbar Always Docks Itself

Tony,

Many thanks for your thoughtful suggestions. I've now tried everything I can
think of and have given up trying to use Word 2000 any more. The endless
stubborn docking behavior of the Clipboard toolbar, in document after
document, got to be too frustrating, so I installed Word 2003 (Office 2003
Standard Edition), replacing Word 2000 in the process. I was and still am
hopeful that the new-to-me Clipboard tool pane will work better.

I'm not sure at this point that Word 2003 is going to help me much more than
my old disabled Word 2000: the Word 2003 Clipboard tool pane has about the
same limitation: once I open a document and get the task pane to display and
size it so it displays next to the text, this doesn't carry over and just
appear in subsequent documents that I open. For each one, I have to double
click on the icon in the taskbar to get the pane to appear (a pain). -- Do
you know of a way to get Word 2003 automaticaly to display the Clipboard task
pane in all document windows?

Thank you again for your good attempts to help with Word 2000.