Debra Ann

Default Macro Security Through IT Group

I've seen some comments on the newsgroups about the fact that there are three
ways to allow templates with macros to be accepted at any security level (1.
self-certificate, 2. IT group, and 3. Outside company like VisiSign). We are
going to request that our IT group do this but they are not quite sure how
they are suppose to go about this. Is there a brief explanation somewhere
that explains how an IT group goes about certifying the templates contains
macros within the company?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
Debra Ann
Jay Freedman

Debra Ann wrote:
I've seen some comments on the newsgroups about the fact that there
are three ways to allow templates with macros to be accepted at any
security level (1. self-certificate, 2. IT group, and 3. Outside
company like VisiSign). We are going to request that our IT group do
this but they are not quite sure how they are suppose to go about
this. Is there a brief explanation somewhere that explains how an IT
group goes about certifying the templates contains macros within the
company?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

The relevant piece of software for IT is the Microsoft Certificate Server.
The details differ with the versions of the server operating system and web
server they're running, particularly on the domain controller.

There are lots of references on the Internet, such as
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...tion-IIS6.html,
but you need to find one that describes your version. Your IT people should
also be able to find info in MSDN and TechNet, the Resource Kit for the
server OS, and the documentation for Exchange Server if they use that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

One other method is to store your templates with macros in your workgroup
templates folder and set your security to trust installed templates and
Add-Ins.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
I've seen some comments on the newsgroups about the fact that there are
three
ways to allow templates with macros to be accepted at any security level
(1.
self-certificate, 2. IT group, and 3. Outside company like VisiSign). We
are
going to request that our IT group do this but they are not quite sure how
they are suppose to go about this. Is there a brief explanation somewhere
that explains how an IT group goes about certifying the templates contains
macros within the company?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
Debra Ann

Word has stopped access to the Endnote 6.0 with macro security Tired and cranky student Microsoft Word Help 1 April 27th 05 01:05 AM
Macro Security JD Microsoft Word Help 11 April 24th 05 03:02 PM
macro security will not stay set jam Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 05 12:03 PM
Prevent User from Changing Macro Security JoyceJoseph Microsoft Word Help 1 March 31st 05 08:49 PM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:53 AM