Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ljarrel ljarrel is offline

Default pasting resume to website

I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my resume... I
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not work. When I
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol. Please HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Their website interface may not accept Word formatting. You'll just have to
do your best after pasting or see if they provide a facility to upload a
Word version of your resume. This is not really a Microsoft Word question.

****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my resume... I
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not work. When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol. Please
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ljarrel ljarrel is offline

The site says to use .doc or .txt file, I set it as word document, is this
incorrect? or should I change to .txt file? Also, is there a way to copy
file to clipboard and then paste from there? Thanks so much for your help.

"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my resume... I
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not work. When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol. Please
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

The site says to use .doc or .txt file
Then perhaps you're supposed to browse for it?
Also, is there a way to copy file to clipboard and then paste from there?

Open the file, ctrl+A (select all), ctrl+C (copy), ctrl+V (paste).
What site is it you're using?
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************

"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my resume...
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not work.
When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol. Please
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Suggestion: have tow copies of your resume. One in Word, one as a text only.
Believe me - you'll need the plain text one for posting online. Been there -
done that.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my
resume...
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not
work.
When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol.
Please
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Agreed.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************

"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my
resume...
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not
work.
When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol.
Please
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bernard W Joseph[_2_] Bernard W Joseph[_2_] is offline

"ljarrel" wrote in message
I am new at this, a empoyment website has a place to paste my resume...
tried to copy and paste word document from desktop but does not work.
When
place the arrow on place for paste... it is just the I symbol. Please
HELP!

I just posted a resume in Word 2003 .doc format to carreerbuilder. It
worked exactly as it is supposed to. More than that, I was amazed to see
that the site read the resume and filled in the blanks on its forms.

Bernard W Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

It can - and when it works, it's great. But sometimes there's a hiccough and
everything goes to h*ll in a handbasket. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Bernard W Joseph" k8lix.at.arrl.net wrote in message
. ..