Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
samuelcahun samuelcahun is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up Word 2010 Autosaved .asd files are disappearing

Word 2010, under File, Options, Save, I have Save AutoRecover information every 1 minute and have Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving checked. I have a path in the AutoRecover file location blank. When I create a new document, and type some text in there, I do see the .asd backup file for my unsaved document. However, when I close the document and tell it Don't Save, the .asd backup file disappears. I thought that feature meant that .asd file would remain there so I could pull it up under File, Recent, Recover Unsaved Files after I closed without saving. I need to get that working, or understand what I'm not understanding about that feature. Thanks in advance.