Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HeatherRealEstateAdmin HeatherRealEstateAdmin is offline

Default Need to create a merge document using a "Data Form"

My boss wants me to create a merge document (for a management agreement)
where he can input the information using a Data Form. I'm familiar with
creating a data source in Excel, but cannot seem to figure out how to get
this Data Form started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Microsoft Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Rather than mail merge, you probably need a userform.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"HeatherRealEstateAdmin" m
wrote in message ...
My boss wants me to create a merge document (for a management agreement)
where he can input the information using a Data Form. I'm familiar with
creating a data source in Excel, but cannot seem to figure out how to get
this Data Form started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Microsoft Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HeatherRealEstateAdmin HeatherRealEstateAdmin is offline

Thank you for the input.

Unfortunately, creating a userform is not the answer to his question, as he
wants another document to "match" the ones we currently have that are merge
documents created so that a Data Form is used for entry.
This is how all our leases and agreements were made before I came, we just
need a new agreement for a different kind of property.

Perhaps at some point in the future I can try to convince him to switch over
to userforms. However, it appears from your tutorial that in the UserForms,
the information is entered as a text box instead of normal text - am I
reading that right?