Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dan

Default Multiple receipients on one document

Please help before I tear all of my hair out.

I have a database with names and addresses in (.mdb format).

I have a landscape 2 page A4 document which has 2 instances of the front and
back of an flyer. When I try to run the mail merge Word puts the first
receipients name into the field where ideally I want to have the first
receipient on the left and the second on the right (I then print the same
back page on the reverse of the paper and cut in half to get two flyers from
one piece of A4). Can any tell me how to get different receipients names on
the same page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

It depends partly on the layout of the page and how you are achieving
double-sided printing. To move to the next recipient, you need to insert a
Next record (i.e. { NEXT }) field in the document.

So in you case you might for example
a. lay out your section as having 2 columns,
b. put the fields, text and images for the 1st part of the flyer in the
left hand column,
c. copy the column content
d. insert a column break
e. paste the column content. You now have two identical columns.
f. at the top of column 2, insert a { NEXT } field.

If you are doing double-sided printing by printing all the side "A"s. then
turning the paper over and printing all the side "B"s as a separate job,
that should do it, all other things being equal. If you're doing it as a
duplex print you might need to do more to retain the side A, column 1 data
to print on side B, column 2. But maybe we could cross that bridge if you
come to it.

Peter Jamieson

"dan" wrote in message
Please help before I tear all of my hair out.

I have a database with names and addresses in (.mdb format).

I have a landscape 2 page A4 document which has 2 instances of the front
and
back of an flyer. When I try to run the mail merge Word puts the first
receipients name into the field where ideally I want to have the first
receipient on the left and the second on the right (I then print the same
back page on the reverse of the paper and cut in half to get two flyers
from
one piece of A4). Can any tell me how to get different receipients names
on
the same page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karen Jernigan

I thought I would ask my question in this post (and start a new one) since my
question closely relates to this one and I'm pulling my hair out too!!

I need to layout two 4x6 postcards per side and the text is different on
both sides. Side 1 has a return address and the recipient address. Side 2 has
dear recipient first name and one or two unique merge fields. I'm merging
from Excel and each record in on a single line. I can't get side 2 to
populate from Excel.

Help! & Thanks!
kj

"dan" wrote in message
Please help before I tear all of my hair out.

I have a database with names and addresses in (.mdb format).

I have a landscape 2 page A4 document which has 2 instances of the front
and
back of an flyer. When I try to run the mail merge Word puts the first
receipients name into the field where ideally I want to have the first
receipient on the left and the second on the right (I then print the same
back page on the reverse of the paper and cut in half to get two flyers
from
one piece of A4). Can any tell me how to get different receipients names
on
the same page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP