Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default 2003 to 2007

I'm getting nervous about the necessary switch I must make from Office 2003
to Office 2007, especially Word. Is there a way to customize the
individual mini toolbars that are now on the ribbon? I have added some of
my favorites to the Quick Access Toolbar, but I miss the customization I did
on my Standard and Formatting toolbars in 2003. The default mini toolbars
in 2007 have things I don't use and the don't have things I do use. Can I
customize those???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:02:09 -0600, "BK" wrote:

I'm getting nervous about the necessary switch I must make from Office 2003
to Office 2007, especially Word. Is there a way to customize the
individual mini toolbars that are now on the ribbon? I have added some of
my favorites to the Quick Access Toolbar, but I miss the customization I did
on my Standard and Formatting toolbars in 2003. The default mini toolbars
in 2007 have things I don't use and the don't have things I do use. Can I
customize those???

You can't literally customize the built-in ribbon, but you can make your own
groups and, in the extreme, hide all the built-ins and use only your custom
ones.

A good place to start is Patrick Schmid's RibbonCustomizer utility
(http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer). To go further, start reading
Patrick's tutorial on the RibbonX language used to modify the ribbon
(http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I really want to make the
transition to 2007 and use it as provided, but it's nice to know I can fall
back on customizing stuff if I need to do so.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

And as I replied to the post immediately before your post...

If you go to the MS Office Site, download the free Getting Started add-in.
This will add a new Get Started Ribbon with direct links to MS training and
(most importantly) and Interactive Guide which shows Word 2003 command
equivalents in Word 2007. That should at least get you through the basics.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I really want to make the
transition to 2007 and use it as provided, but it's nice to know I can
fall back on customizing stuff if I need to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Another really basic thing that may be helpful is the Office 2007 "cheat
sheet" available (in Word or PDF format) at
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...31/611552.aspx

If you want to see what it looks like before you download it, see
http://blogs.vertigosoftware.com/jat...heatsheet.aspx

It's just a single page with five major points to get you started (like
telling you that the "pizza button" is not just for decoration g).

"BK" wrote in message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I really want to make the
transition to 2007 and use it as provided, but it's nice to know I can
fall back on customizing stuff if I need to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Suzanne

You've once again come to my rescue!! What a surprise!! Thanks!!

"BK" wrote in message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I really want to make
the transition to 2007 and use it as provided, but it's nice to know I
can fall back on customizing stuff if I need to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad you found that helpful. I've had the printout on my copy stand for
many months now (though I still haven't installed Office 2007), and just
yesterday it occurred to me that it would be a good idea to find out where I
got it from so I could recommend it to others. I don't think I'd have found
it if it hadn't been displayed at the second URL, because I was googling for
the opening text, which of course doesn't appear in Jensen's blog.

"BK" wrote in message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I really want to make
the transition to 2007 and use it as provided, but it's nice to know I
can fall back on customizing stuff if I need to do so.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] askteam.mail@gmail.com is offline

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Thanks. Took me a bit to get to the correct place in this link, but the
interactive guide is helpful. Might try this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

wrote in message

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

This is EXACTLY the same Interactive Guide that is part of the Get Started
add-in that you download for free from Microsoft which I told you about
yesterday! You give thanks to someone who posts the wrong URL and completely
ignored my suggestion.

Terry Farrell

wrote in message

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Sorry, Terry. I wasn't ready to download an Add-In yet. I'm usually pretty
caution about downloading stuff before I have a chance to review it. I was
glad to be able to look at the interactive guide without having to download
and install anything on my system.

Did not intend to cause offense.

wrote in message

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

S'ok: just got out of bed the wrong side this morning. You'll find that the
add-in links to other tutorial and videos too, so it really is worth
downloading to use initially. It uninstalls without problem when you feel
confident to do without it any longer.

Terry

wrote in message

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Thanks!!

wrote in message

follow this link to watch interactive transition guide from MS Word
2003 to MS Word 2007.
http://www.soi12.com/office/story.ph...3_to_Word_2007

SoiCom

2003 and 2007 xtr692969 Microsoft Word Help 8 January 24th 08 01:29 PM
2007 vs 2003 Deb Microsoft Word Help 1 October 29th 07 10:30 PM
Word 2003 and 2007 together Thom Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 07 10:56 AM
Using 2003 after upgrade to 2007 Sanford New Users 1 April 28th 07 04:13 AM
2003 & 2007 together mrQQ Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 07 03:45 PM