Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doh

Default Word2K formatting toolbar disappeared

I was working on a doc and discovered it had a table in it. While I was
trying to figure out how to get that corrected (i.e., removed) so as to leave
only the text that was in the table, I noticed that my formatting toolbar had
disappeared. Now it won't come back. It's selected in the ViewToolbars
dropdown menu, but it won't appear. I can't drag features to the standard
toolbar via the commands tab on the ViewToolbarsCustomize menu. What I want
is the toolbar that controlled fonts and sizes, spacing buttons, indents,
case, etc. I'm using Word2K in Win98SE.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Try this: Tools--Customize, Options tab. Uncheck the top 2 checkboxes.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Doh" wrote in message
I was working on a doc and discovered it had a table in it. While I was
trying to figure out how to get that corrected (i.e., removed) so as to
leave
only the text that was in the table, I noticed that my formatting toolbar
had
disappeared. Now it won't come back. It's selected in the ViewToolbars
dropdown menu, but it won't appear. I can't drag features to the standard
toolbar via the commands tab on the ViewToolbarsCustomize menu. What I
want
is the toolbar that controlled fonts and sizes, spacing buttons, indents,
case, etc. I'm using Word2K in Win98SE.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Doh" wrote in message
I was working on a doc and discovered it had a table in it. While I was
trying to figure out how to get that corrected (i.e., removed) so as to
leave
only the text that was in the table, I noticed that my formatting toolbar
had
disappeared. Now it won't come back. It's selected in the ViewToolbars
dropdown menu, but it won't appear. I can't drag features to the standard
toolbar via the commands tab on the ViewToolbarsCustomize menu. What I
want
is the toolbar that controlled fonts and sizes, spacing buttons, indents,
case, etc. I'm using Word2K in Win98SE.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doh

The executable opened Word, but the toolbar still didn't display. But when I
opened Word via the shortcut menu icon and checked the Formatting box in
ViewToolbars, it reappeared. So something fixed it! Thanks for your help.