Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default code for adding dictionaries with Word 2007?

Hi All,

My Word2003 code for adding spelling dictionaries does not seem to work in Word2007. How can I fix it?

ActiveDocument.ShowGrammaticalErrors = True

ActiveDocument.ShowSpellingErrors = True

Languages(wdEnglishUS).SpellingDictionaryType = wdSpelling

With CustomDictionaries

.ClearAll

With .Add(ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\Custom201a.dic")

.LanguageSpecific = True

' .LanguageID = wdEnglishUS

End With

With CustomDictionaries

.ClearAll

With .Add(ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\Custom201c.dic")

.LanguageSpecific = True

' .LanguageID = wdEnglishUS

End With

End With

I wish to keep my custom dictionaries in the same folder as the attached template. It facilitates mobile use from one computer to another. I am currently using Office Home and Student altho I will be getting the professional version in the near future.

tia,

Gil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

I think I finally got it:

Sub dictionaryAdd6()

With CustomDictionaries

.ClearAll

End With

Dim dic1, dic2, dic3, dic4, dic5 As String

dic1 = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\custom201a.dic"

dic2 = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\TSMRmedDict.dic"

dic3 = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\TSMRspellDrug.dic"

dic4 = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\MedTerms.dic"

dic5 = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Path & "\cmr1medDict.dic"

Application.CustomDictionaries.Add dic1

Application.CustomDictionaries.Add dic2

Application.CustomDictionaries.Add dic3

Application.CustomDictionaries.Add dic4

Application.CustomDictionaries.Add dic5

End Sub

Cheers,

Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM electronic medical records