Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bogdan Dumka Bogdan Dumka is offline

Default To change alphabetical order

When I use Sort function in Word, I would like to change order in which it
sorts. Instead of sorting in alphabetical order (a, b, c, d,...) I would like
it to sort in some other order (e.g. a, b, d, c,...). I need to do this for
characters I created with equation field, so they are sorted correctly.

Bogdan Dumka
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, you're out of luck with this request. There's no provision for any
other sort order in Word. (Technically, if you write your own sort function
in a macro, you can set any order you like, but that's definitely not a job
you'd wnat to try unless you're a good programmer.)

Probably the best you can do is to sort in alphabetical order, and then
manually move the entries that need to be in a different order.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I use Sort function in Word, I would like to change order in
which it sorts. Instead of sorting in alphabetical order (a, b, c,
d,...) I would like it to sort in some other order (e.g. a, b, d,
c,...). I need to do this for characters I created with equation
field, so they are sorted correctly.

Bogdan Dumka

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

May be more trouble than it's worth, but if the items are in a list you
could assign a number or letter on each line using a comma or tab to
separate from the corresponding item. Then select the whole list, TableSort
as usual and delete the "sort keys" (or format them as Hidden charracters)
when done.

Even creating a custom sort order in Excel would be problematic for what you
want, though. It would probably be quicker to just drag 'n' drop.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Bogdan Dumka" wrote in message
When I use Sort function in Word, I would like to change order in which it
sorts. Instead of sorting in alphabetical order (a, b, c, d,...) I would
like
it to sort in some other order (e.g. a, b, d, c,...). I need to do this
for
characters I created with equation field, so they are sorted correctly.

Bogdan Dumka

How do I put labels in Alphabetical order? summerx11 Microsoft Word Help 4 May 9th 23 02:49 PM
How do I change the alphabetical order in Word's Save dialog box Logan Potts Microsoft Word Help 3 August 3rd 06 01:48 PM
Alphabetical order amy New Users 2 July 10th 06 11:05 PM
Change endnote order from occurence to alphabetical phytoqueen Microsoft Word Help 3 April 17th 06 06:23 PM
alphabetical order Erin Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 04:18 AM