Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HJC HJC is offline

Default Field code when I hit enter

I am using word 2003 sp 2 - just re-installed it on a re-imaged computer. I
use the same normal.dot template on two computers and my problem is only on
the newly re-installed one.

When I hit ENTER, I get a bullet and when I alt-f9 I get the following field
code message - SYMBOL 183 \f "Symbol" \s 10 \h; bullets are turned off - it
is annoying - any thoughts on how to get rid of this?

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SEpD?=,

I am using word 2003 sp 2 - just re-installed it on a re-imaged computer. I
use the same normal.dot template on two computers and my problem is only on
the newly re-installed one.

When I hit ENTER, I get a bullet and when I alt-f9 I get the following field
code message - SYMBOL 183 \f "Symbol" \s 10 \h; bullets are turned off - it
is annoying - any thoughts on how to get rid of this?

This is jingling some very faint bells (like from Word 2.0 times)...

If you hold down CTRL when you start Word, to go into Safe Mode, does the
problem go away during that Word session?

What's the name of the applied style for a paragraph where you're seeing this?

If you rename Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot does the problem go away?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)