NewsGeru

Default Set up newspaper 17x11 with 6 columns?

I'm trying to set up a newspaper shell that will be printed on 11x17 paper,
landscape, with 6 columns. We prefer to do this in Word. There is not a
template for this size paper. I do not know how to insert the 6 columns.
Word only goes up to 4 columns.

Thanks
Jay Freedman

The toolbar button only goes up to 4 columns, but you can choose the Format
Columns menu item and enter 6 columns in the dialog.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm for more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

NewsGeru wrote:
I'm trying to set up a newspaper shell that will be printed on 11x17
paper, landscape, with 6 columns. We prefer to do this in Word.
There is not a template for this size paper. I do not know how to
insert the 6 columns. Word only goes up to 4 columns.

Thanks

Jay Freedman

Well, I'll be... I really do learn something new about Word every day.
Thank you!

I can only drag the button out to 6 columns, in both Word 2000 and
Word 2003. I don't have XP loaded at the moment.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

NewsGeru wrote:
I'm trying to set up a newspaper shell that will be printed on 11x17
paper, landscape, with 6 columns. We prefer to do this in Word.
There is not a template for this size paper. I do not know how to
insert the 6 columns. Word only goes up to 4 columns.

Thanks

Mine only goes to 6 in Word 2003 as well, and I can't see any reason for it
to stop. Some of the other palettes, such as the Insert | Table one, are
limited by screen area, so the number of columns you can drag a table to
depends to some extent on where you have the button on your toolbar.

NewsGeru wrote:
I'm trying to set up a newspaper shell that will be printed on 11x17
paper, landscape, with 6 columns. We prefer to do this in Word.
There is not a template for this size paper. I do not know how to
insert the 6 columns. Word only goes up to 4 columns.

Thanks

Doug Robbins

If you go to the Format Columns dialog and reduce the width and spacing of
the columns, you can increase the number beyond 6. I just set up an 8
column format in Word 2003.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Mine only goes to 6 in Word 2003 as well, and I can't see any reason for
it
to stop. Some of the other palettes, such as the Insert | Table one, are
limited by screen area, so the number of columns you can drag a table to
depends to some extent on where you have the button on your toolbar.

so
all may benefit.