Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bxrswfe Bxrswfe is offline

Default Word 2007 Fill-in forms not working for Word 2003 users

I created a form with fill-in capabilities. It works fine for 2007 users,
but Word 2003 users cannot even click on the fill-in boxes. I tried saving
the document as 2007 w/2003 compatibility, and I also tried saving the
document as a Word 2003 doc...but it still doesn't work. Any idea what is
happening and what I should do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you used content controls, then you will have to redo the form, as they
were added in Word 2007 and are not backward-compatible.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bxrswfe" wrote in message
I created a form with fill-in capabilities. It works fine for 2007 users,
but Word 2003 users cannot even click on the fill-in boxes. I tried
saving
the document as 2007 w/2003 compatibility, and I also tried saving the
document as a Word 2003 doc...but it still doesn't work. Any idea what is
happening and what I should do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful
when working with legacy fields in Word 2007.