Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
word 2003? word 2003? is offline

Default opening word 2003 all the time

Doing a team project and a team member sent me a doc using 2007. I have word
2003 and when I open it, it opens word 2007 and asking for a serial code. I
decilne it but now it evertime I open a word doc it will now open as a 2007
version asking for the serial code. How do I change it back so when I click
on a doc it opens 2003 version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To get Word 2003 and 2007 to co-exist see the registry changes listed at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

"word 2003?" word wrote in message
Doing a team project and a team member sent me a doc using 2007. I have
word
2003 and when I open it, it opens word 2007 and asking for a serial code.
decilne it but now it evertime I open a word doc it will now open as a
2007
version asking for the serial code. How do I change it back so when I
click
on a doc it opens 2003 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nico Nico is offline

Hi,

i found this on the internet.

1. In Windows Explorer, navigate to a file of the type you want to associate
(in this case a .doc file).
2. Click on its icon once to select it.
3. While holding the shift key down, right click on the icon. (Note: Holding
the Shift key down is not necessary in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.)
4. In the pop-up menu, choose Open With... A box will open asking you to
choose a program to open that file type. If you have a lot of software
installed it could take a few moments for this box to appear.
5. Pick a program from the list.
6. If the program you need isn't in the list, choose [other] to navigate to
another EXE file on your hard drive.
7. If you always want that program to open these types of files, put a
checkmark in the box that says: Always use this program to open files of this
type.

I hope this will help you.

"word 2003?" wrote:

Doing a team project and a team member sent me a doc using 2007. I have word
2003 and when I open it, it opens word 2007 and asking for a serial code. I
decilne it but now it evertime I open a word doc it will now open as a 2007
version asking for the serial code. How do I change it back so when I click
on a doc it opens 2003 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nico Nico is offline

Just thought of this as well.
If the extension of the Word 2007 file is .docx it automatically will open
Word 2007.
Standard is that Word 2003 can not open .docx files. For that you need a
converter so that Word 2003 can open/read Word 2007 files.
You can find this "Compatibility Pack" on the Microsoft support site.