Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maggie Maggie is offline

Default applying styles to form controls word 2007

i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in the
properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted list.
However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key
produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any information
on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in the
Content Control Property box?

thaking anyone who can help me.

maggie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to apply styles to form controls, you need to use a Rich Text
form control, not a Plain Text control.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"maggie" wrote in message
i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in the
properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted
list.
However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key
produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any
information
on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in
the
Content Control Property box?

thaking anyone who can help me.

maggie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ignore previous response. It appears that it is only the character
formatting of a style that is applied, not the paragraph formatting/number
formatting.

However, if you insert a Rich Text content control into a paragraph to which
bullets have been applied, every time you press enter a new bulleted
paragraph is inserted into the control.

--

"maggie" wrote in message
i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in the
properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted
list.
However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key
produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any
information
on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in
the
Content Control Property box?

thaking anyone who can help me.

maggie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

However, if you insert a Rich Text content control into a paragraph to
which bullets have been applied, every time you press enter a new bulleted
paragraph is inserted into the control.

Not really, since Word adds a line break rather than a paragraph mark when
pressing Enter inside a content control.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"maggie" wrote in message
i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in
the
properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted
list.
However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key
produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any
information
on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in
the
Content Control Property box?

thaking anyone who can help me.

maggie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Stefan,

Not what I see here. At least, where the Enter key is pressed, a pilcrow
(¶) terminates the line and running a macro with the command

MsgBox ActiveDocument.Paragraphs.Count

returns a number equal to the number of pilcrows that are present in the
document.

--

"maggie" wrote in message
i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in
the
properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted
list.
However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key
produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any
information
on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in
the
Content Control Property box?

thaking anyone who can help me.

maggie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, my mistake: I tested with a plain text control. :-(

Your description is accurate.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP