Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristie Nelsen Kristie Nelsen is offline

Default Hyperlinks to open templates

Is there a way to get hyperlinks to open new docs based on templates in 2007?
I found a Microsoft Support article that shows a workaround using shortcuts.
The article states that it applies to Word 2003, 2002 and 2000, but no
mention of 2007. I have tried the shortcut trick in 2007, and the template
never opens. It just sits there saying "Downloading," but nothing happens.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It certainly works for me. You may want to try recreating the hyperlink, or
the original template file in case it has become corrupt.

By the way, I suppose this is the KB article that you were referring to?

Word template hyperlink is opened instead of new document
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278627/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP