Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fuzzy Fuzzy is offline

Default Label - Mail Merge - Word 2007

I have a data source of 100 rows.
My word document - label format - contains 4 rows each page.

When I do the mail merge;
each label sytax reads as follows:

«CONTACT_DETAILS»

For some reason, the merged data that comes repeats itself..

If the 1st page has row 1, 2, 3 and 4...
then the 2nd page has rows 2, 3, 4 and 5...
the 3rd page has rows 3, 4, 5 and 6...

I dont want it this way..

I want the labels to continue the sequence...
1st page - rows 1, 2, 3 and 4
2nd page - rows 5,6,7 and 8
and so on..

I tried using merge sequence #... but it still isnt working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If each label in the mail merge main document has the «Next Record» field,
then this should not be happening. Are you sure that field appears in each
label after the first?

http://word.mvps.org

"Fuzzy" wrote in message
I have a data source of 100 rows.
My word document - label format - contains 4 rows each page.

When I do the mail merge;
each label sytax reads as follows:

«CONTACT_DETAILS»

For some reason, the merged data that comes repeats itself..

If the 1st page has row 1, 2, 3 and 4...
then the 2nd page has rows 2, 3, 4 and 5...
the 3rd page has rows 3, 4, 5 and 6...

I dont want it this way..

I want the labels to continue the sequence...
1st page - rows 1, 2, 3 and 4
2nd page - rows 5,6,7 and 8
and so on..

I tried using merge sequence #... but it still isnt working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Almost certainly you have not completed the merge. You must complete the
merge either to a new document or to the printer. See
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm