Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DD DD is offline

Default Word 2007 - changing HTML save options

How do I change the default HTM save option? I want to save all my documents
as .HTM (filtered). But no matter how often I do a "SAVE AS" to that format,
once I reopen the file, if I do a "SAVE" it defaults to .htm (small caps vs.
the caps I use, w/ the format files in a subdirectory).

I have tried every combination of options I can think of in the Advanced
Option section of the Word Options for both the document itself and the
template it is based on, but nothing I do helps. I still have to do a SAVE
AS to the filtered web page option each and every time I save.

It is becoming so frustrating, I'm thinking of uninstalling 2007 and going
back to 2000 - esp. since I've been unable to find any virtue in the new
version and nothing but frustration with the endlessly complicated ribbons.