Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trezraven trezraven is offline

Default Making fields line up

Hi everyone! I am new so I hope I am posting my question in the right
place. I have created a form in Office 2007 using Visual Basic Editor.
I am trying to make two lines line up regardless of the number of
characters before the fields. Example:
JOHN DOE Case No :
1D00-0000

v. Lower
Tribunal Case No : 00-0000

JANE DOE

I always want the Case No and Lower Tribunal Case No fields to line up.
I have tried creating a bookmark, but that was not successful. Maybe
I am doing it wrong. To be more specific. The location on my paper
for Case No is line 9 and according to the gridlines it starts in
gridbox 19 and the location for Lower Tribunal is line 12 and gridbox
19. Unfortunately, what seems to happen is the Case No is shifted
according to the number of characters in the appellant's name.

Here is a piece of the code I used to set up the tabs.

..TypeText Text:=txtAppellant.Value
.Font.AllCaps = False
.TypeText Text:=vbTab & vbTab & vbTab & _
"Case No : " & txtCaseNumber.Value & _
vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
"v." & _
vbTab & vbTab & vbTab & vbTab & vbTab & vbTab & _
"Lower Tribunal Case No : " & _
txtLowerTrib.Value & _
vbCrLf & vbCrLf
.Font.AllCaps = True