Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul R Paul R is offline

Default All hyperlinks displaying full URLs

I have somehow inadvertently changed my Word settings so that when I open a
document that has hyperlinks in it, instead of seeing (in blue and
underscored) the text that has a hyperlink attached to it, I see:
"{HYPERLINNK: http://www.westlaw.com/etc.}." That is, the screen shows me
the full URL for each hyperlink, which makes the document very difficult to
read.

How can I get back to the normal view of hyperlinks?
--
Paul R
Washington, DC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9 to switch between display of field codes (what you
see now) and field results. If that doesn't help, then in Word
click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the boxes for
"All", "Hidden text", and "Field codes" | Print tab | uncheck the
"Hidden text" and "Field codes" boxes | OK.

Paul R wrote:

I have somehow inadvertently changed my Word settings so that when I open a
document that has hyperlinks in it, instead of seeing (in blue and
underscored) the text that has a hyperlink attached to it, I see:
"{HYPERLINNK: http://www.westlaw.com/etc.}." That is, the screen shows me
the full URL for each hyperlink, which makes the document very difficult to
read.

How can I get back to the normal view of hyperlinks?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beckie Beckie is offline

I'm not sure if you will be reading this because of your posting to the
gentleman in October of 2006. I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!! I was
having the same issues. I didn't realize this until I had to submit a
project for my online class with the hyperlinks with a table and I kept
getting this display full URLS. THANK YOU, again.