Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeeDeeCee DeeDeeCee is offline

Default My "Horizontal Line" Doesn't Show Up

I'm trying to put a horizontal line between two parts of a document. I go to
Format -- Borders and Shading--Horizontal Line Button down at the bottom of
the dialog box. Then I pick the one I want, and hit okay. At work, this pops
in whatever line I've chosen. But at home, all I get is a long thin box where
the colored line should go.

Do I have to install something to make this feature work, or have I got some
checkbox deep in "Options" not properly checked off? Is it more sinister than
that? Thanks for any advice.

ddc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you check the color of the line?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message

I'm trying to put a horizontal line between two parts of a document. I go
Format -- Borders and Shading--Horizontal Line Button down at the bottom
of
the dialog box. Then I pick the one I want, and hit okay. At work, this
pops
in whatever line I've chosen. But at home, all I get is a long thin box
where
the colored line should go.

Do I have to install something to make this feature work, or have I got
some
checkbox deep in "Options" not properly checked off? Is it more sinister
than
that? Thanks for any advice.

ddc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeeDeeCee DeeDeeCee is offline

No, but I'm not using the lines that appear under the "border" and "page
border" tabs of the "Borders and Shading" dialog box. Instead, I'm using the
button at the bottom of the dialog box that says "Horizontal Line". It has
some pre-formatted lines with color, design, and such already set up (and no
ability to change these characteristics).

What I get instead of a colored line is a rectangle that disappears when
selected, and looks like you could resize it with corner pulls, but these
actually don't work.

dc

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message

I'm trying to put a horizontal line between two parts of a document. I go
Format -- Borders and Shading--Horizontal Line Button down at the bottom
of
the dialog box. Then I pick the one I want, and hit okay. At work, this
pops
in whatever line I've chosen. But at home, all I get is a long thin box
where
the colored line should go.

Do I have to install something to make this feature work, or have I got
some
checkbox deep in "Options" not properly checked off? Is it more sinister
than
that? Thanks for any advice.

ddc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might take a look at ToolsOptionsView, make sure there is a check in
the box for Drawings and *not* a check in the box for Picture Placeholders.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 4:46 PM, in article