Joseph N.

Default Word to Works

This issue is both Works-related and Word-related, so I'll take my
chances and post it here.

I have Word 2002 and have to draft a document for someone with some
version of MS Works. (1) Can Works read RTF? (2) For
automatically spaced paragraphs and indents and list numbering
styles, would it be better to use RTF or the Works 2000 format?
(3) Is there a site that lists what features Works does not
support?

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "

I don't know the answers to (2) and (3), but the answer to (1) is yes. I
believe it may also be able to read Word 6.0/95 format, but I won't swear to
that. I believe the Works word processor can't create tables (you have to
use the spreadsheet for those), so Word tables probably wouldn't survive.
I'm reasonably certain autonumbering would fall over, and Works contains no
styles, so presumably styles would be converted to direct formatting. You
might learn more in the Works NG (microsoft.public.works.win).

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "

Joseph N.

Thanks for the prompt response Suzanne.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Graham Mayor

The burning question here relates to 'some version' of Works - which? Recent
versions of Works will open Word documents and RTF. The thing to do is ask
the person in question to look at the file open dialog and see which file
types are listed.