Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SandyT SandyT is offline

Default spaces following a period

My dcument is indicating that 2 spaces behind a period is incorrect. Where do
I fix this?
--
SandyT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Version of Word?

In 2003 it's found under: Tools | Options... 'Spelling & Grammar' tab,
'Settings...' button, 'Grammar Settings' dialog, 'Require' section and change
the value in the 'Spaces required between sentences' dropdown to either "1"
or "don't check".
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"SandyT" wrote:

My dcument is indicating that 2 spaces behind a period is incorrect. Where do
I fix this?
--
SandyT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Two spaces behind a period *is* incorrect. Word is not a typewriter!
However as Gordon indicates you can amend the grammar checker settings.