Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Britech Britech is offline

Default Foot Notes

Is there a way to search a large document for a Foot Note by number?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

Britech,
Press Ctrl+G, that should display the search and replace dialogue, in the
go to list chopse footnotes, in the insert footnote number field insert the
footnote you want to search for and hit Go To button. The dialog will remain
on screen and allow you to type another footnote number if necessary
--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What version of Word? In 2003 or prior go to EditGo To (or Control+G),
select Footnote, type the number & click Go To.

The feature works the same but is differently situated in 2007.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/17/07 11:18 AM, in article
, "Britech"
wrote:

Is there a way to search a large document for a Foot Note by number?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab2002 ab2002 is offline

Default Foot Notes after a section break

--
In the chapter of a book I write in Word 2003, each Chapter begins with
foot-note 1.

Illustration: the last foot note before the section break was 150. There are
foot-notes within the section break numered 1 to 10 (which does not disturb
me). But I want the foot notes numbering after the section break begin with
151. And this doe not appear possible !?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although the Footnote and Endnote dialog box suggests that you can change
the numbering options for a single section, that doesn't work reliably. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP