Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fishsol fishsol is offline

Default Links within documents - how do I return quickly from bookmarks?

In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the same
document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from. I've been
told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simplest method is probably to add the 'Back' command from the All
commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

fishsol wrote:
In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the
same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from.
I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Default Links within documents - how do I return quickly from bookmark

Hi,

Shift+F5 should do this. Alt+Ctrl+Z should also do it. They do on my system.
If you want to attempt to fix this issue, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Office button.
2. Click Word Options.
3. Select Customize.
4. Next to Keyboard shortcuts, click Customize.
5. In the Catergory list, select All Commands (near the end of the list).
6. In the Commands list, select GoBack.

At this point, Shift+F5 and Alt+Ctrl+Z should appear in the list of keys
assigned to GoBack. If Shift+F5 does not appear in this list, click inside
the Press new shortcut key box, press Shift+F5, and click Apply.

If Shift+F5 still does not work, press Alt+F8 and look for "GoBack" in your
list of macros. If you have a macro named GoBack, click Edit, and change the
name of that macro.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

fishsol wrote:
In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the
same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from.
I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any
suggestions?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It doesn't return for me if the bookmark is visited from a hyperlink.
Shift+f5 and Alt+Ctrl+Z should already be assigned to the GoBack command.

links/bookmarks Going crazy New Users 1 August 19th 08 11:44 PM
Links to Bookmarks not working within Word Ladiva Microsoft Word Help 2 March 10th 08 03:12 PM
Editing Bookmarks/Internet Links [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 August 7th 07 09:30 AM
Links from Word to bookmarks in HTML doc bufossil Microsoft Word Help 0 July 2nd 07 05:00 PM
Bookmarks in HTML links in Word 2003 AndyBear Page Layout 3 June 3rd 05 01:55 AM