CDELROSAL

Default Inserting object as an Icon

When I try to insert an object as an Icon and the object (file) I am
inserting is a Adobe PDF file, the icon doesn't appear. All other icons for
other programs appear just fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

What version of Word are you using? I assume that Adobe Acrobat (reader or
full) is installed.

When you choose Insert - Object, under Create New, is Adobe Acrobat listed
among the object types?

When you choose Insert - Object - Create from File, I assume you're ticking
Display as Icon. In Word 2003, when that option is ticked, I get a Change
Icon button. Do you get that button? If you click it, is the PDF icon
available as a choice? If so, if you click Browse in the Change Icon dialog,
try browsing to the location of Adobe Acrobat and selecting its .exe file.
Does that give you the icon?

Alternatively, in Windows Explorer, do PDF files show up with the correct
icon?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com