Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dangergrrrl@gmail.com is offline

Default Inserting mulitple images into Word with filename

Very soon I am going to be involved in a mass documentation of photos
exercise.

I need to be able to insert 100s of photos at one time into Word and
have their associated filename appear below them. Is this possible?

I have found a way using a macro (from this forum) to insert one image
plus filename but I am being advised that the time we have available
and the number of photos to be inserted will not work with one photo at
a time.

Thanks for any help you can offer... maybe some add-in software?

Amanda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use mailmerge.
See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Very soon I am going to be involved in a mass documentation of photos
exercise.

I need to be able to insert 100s of photos at one time into Word and
have their associated filename appear below them. Is this possible?

I have found a way using a macro (from this forum) to insert one image
plus filename but I am being advised that the time we have available
and the number of photos to be inserted will not work with one photo at
a time.

Thanks for any help you can offer... maybe some add-in software?

Amanda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dangergrrrl@gmail.com is offline

Hello,

I am not sure this is quite what I wanted (but more likely it is that I
don't fully understand, so for that I apologize). I don't have a
database for the photos, they are just in a regular folder in explorer.

For example. I will have a folder full of say 100 photos. I will need
to insert all of these photos into a document but I also want the name
of the photo file to appear.
So at the end I will have a document containing the 100 photos with
their associated file name beneath or adjacent to them. There will be
many of these documents to do, so we are looking for the speediest way
to do it.

Have I misunderstood the links you sent me on mailmerge and they are
the right way to do it?

Amanda

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Use mailmerge.
See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges"
section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

wrote in message
ups.com...
Very soon I am going to be involved in a mass documentation of photos
exercise.

I need to be able to insert 100s of photos at one time into Word and
have their associated filename appear below them. Is this possible?

I have found a way using a macro (from this forum) to insert one
image plus filename but I am being advised that the time we have
available and the number of photos to be inserted will not work with
one photo at a time.

Thanks for any help you can offer... maybe some add-in software?

Amanda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Side note:

I can't imagine that Word is the best app for this purpose--graphics are a
bit of a hassle in Word, and the easy route doesn't come out all that
attractive, and storing jpgs within a Word doc is not so great in the long
term. If your ultimate purpose is just to make it easy to browse 100
photos, surely there are better options.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Use mailmerge.
See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges"
section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

wrote in message
ups.com...
Very soon I am going to be involved in a mass documentation of photos
exercise.

I need to be able to insert 100s of photos at one time into Word and
have their associated filename appear below them. Is this possible?

I have found a way using a macro (from this forum) to insert one
image plus filename but I am being advised that the time we have
available and the number of photos to be inserted will not work with
one photo at a time.

Thanks for any help you can offer... maybe some add-in software?

Amanda

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Keeping in mind Daiya's comment that Word may not be the ideal app for this,
if you're going to do it at all, the simplest way is with a mail merge. That
will, however, require that you create a data source containing the
filenames of the pictures you want to insert. This is the process that
Graham's article describes.

oups.com...

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Use mailmerge.
See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges"
section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

ups.com...