Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track Changes: Formatting

I keep unchecking "Formatting" in the Track Changes Options dropdown
panel and in the "Show Markup" list, but every time I turn TC off and
on again, it insists on tracking formatting again. Is there any way to
make it stop???

Also to make the "Show Markup" options stick, to permanently de-check
"Ink" (which I think pertains only to a Tablet input)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That will be good for the future ... but will it control existing
documents?

grammatim wrote:
I keep unchecking "Formatting" in the Track Changes Options dropdown
panel and in the "Show Markup" list, but every time I turn TC off and
on again, it insists on tracking formatting again. Is there any way to
make it stop???

Also to make the "Show Markup" options stick, to permanently de-check
"Ink" (which I think pertains only to a Tablet input)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Yes, it does, oddly enough.

grammatim wrote:
That will be good for the future ... but will it control existing
documents?

On May 31, 2:20Â*pm, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe
wrote:
I finally opened normal.dotm and Â*made the change there. Â*It has stuck since
then.

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]