Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rik rik is offline

Default can't link 2 different outline list styles to the same heading style

Can someone confirm what I am finding to be a bug or limitation of
Microsoft Word (in PC 2003/2007 and Mac 2003):

I have 2 outline list styles, I'll call them List1 and List2.

For each of these, I want to link level 1 to a heading style, which
I'll call Heading5.

Apparently, however, I am unable to link both of these list styles to
Heading5. List2 is all linked up fine, but when I try to link List1 to
Heading5 as well, the setting won't "stick"--in other words, after
applying the link and closing the settings box, if I go back and look,
the linkage to Heading5 is lost: it just says "no style" again.

Any ideas?