Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory

Default Outline With Hyperlinks

I want to read a lengthy document on the web
(http://stockcharts.com/education/Ove...ecurities.html ), make an
outline of it in Word 2003, and place hyperlinks in a margin if possible to
the respective pages/positions of the web article. I don't know if:
a) it's possible to link directly to a sentence in this web article
b) some skeleton outline in a margin bearing those links is possible
c) if, rather than a margin with links, making hyperlinks of selected
words right to the page or page section would be better.

I've started by simply making an outline of the headings then applying an
outline numbering format to the Word document. It makes adding a new section
that I may want to insert a tad awkward but I'm getting it done by creating
the line, changing the line to the heading style I want in the toolbar, then
changing the font size and style.

Am I on the right track for tackling this project in Word?