Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mary Lee Mary Lee is offline

Default Can you change the default font for an automated table format?

We are using Word 2003 SP3, and need to use database field tags in a table.
We like the Professional Style auto-formatted table for this, but want to
change the font from Courier to Arial. Automation is the keyword. Can we
change the default?
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mary Lee Mary Lee is offline

How about changing the fill color for the heading, making the table
boundaries exactly where I want them, setting the row properties, etc. Word
is not letting me into those things. Also, someone else who is experimenting
with this says it all goes away when database field codes are updated.
--
Thanks again!

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
We are using Word 2003 SP3, and need to use database field tags in a table.
We like the Professional Style auto-formatted table for this, but want to
change the font from Courier to Arial. Automation is the keyword. Can we
change the default?

You have to create a new table style. Base it on Professional then all
you need to change is the font.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mary Lee Mary Lee is offline

I got the fill color figured out, and can access the "indent from left" where
I want it, but it won't let me set the whole table width when I am modifying
a custom table style (I want the lines of the table to be on the margins, as
opposed to hanging outside of them, as Word wants to do). I would also, if
possible, like to use our template's table header and body styles but I don't
see an option to do this.
--
Thanks again!

"Mary Lee" wrote:

How about changing the fill color for the heading, making the table
boundaries exactly where I want them, setting the row properties, etc. Word
is not letting me into those things. Also, someone else who is experimenting
with this says it all goes away when database field codes are updated.
--
Thanks again!

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,