Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mary-Ellen McMahon Mary-Ellen McMahon is offline

Default Getting TOC styles to override the styles within the body of the document

I am using Word 2003

I am creating a "book" of stories. Each story has a tile and an author line.
The stories are typed in a variety of fonts. I want my TOC to use only one
font. I'm using 2 outline levels. I selected Show Levels = 2 and went to the
Options screen. I made sure outline levels was set on. Then I went to
modify and modified TOC1 and TOC2 and set both to automatically update. In
the body of my document, I set each title to Level 1 and the author line to
Level 2. When I insert my TOC, it correctly includes the titles and author
lines, however they reflect the multiple styles from the body of the text.

My name is Mary-Ellen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you're applying direct font formatting to the titles in the document then
there's no way around this except to insert TC fields (unformatted) and
build your TOC based on them instead of on the headings.