Annoyed

Default equation editor problems

Whenever I insert an equation using Equation Editor, it looks fine in the
edit window, but all the symbols change when I click back into the word
document. All the math symbols are replaced by non-mathematical symbols
(ribbons, books, arrows, etc). I'm using Office XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob Mathews

On 2-Feb-2005, Annoyed @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

Whenever I insert an equation using Equation Editor, it
fine in the edit window, but all the symbols change when
I click back into the word document. All the math
symbols are replaced by non-mathematical symbols
(ribbons, books, arrows, etc).

First place to start troubleshooting is your Style definitions.
With Equation Editor open, click Style Define. These styles
must be set to Symbol font: L.C. Greek, U.C. Greek, and Symbol.
The other styles may be set to whatever font you want.
--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training 830-990-9699
annoyed

I tried your suggestion. They were all set to symbol. So, Still no useful
equations in my word document.

Any other suggetions?
Thanks