Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

Default header and pagination

How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top right?
--
Barb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

This is in Word 2007. When I add one, then the other, the first one disappears.
--
Barb

"Barb" wrote:

How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top right?
--
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Type the header, press Tab once or twice (depending on the length of the
header) and insert the PAGE field.

http://word.mvps.org

"Barb" wrote in message
How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top
right?
--
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Em Em is offline

when you select the 3 column option just type in your information, and double
click in the body of your document.

"Barb" wrote:

How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top right?
--
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

That didn't work. What I ended up doing was to insert pagination first, then
go to the next line and put in my header on the left. Thank you, though.
--
Barb

"Barb" wrote in message
How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top
right?
--
Barb

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This suggests that you are using building blocks instead of creating your
header manually in the header pane, which requires either inserting the PAGE
field by hand or using Insert | Page Number | Current Position | Plain
Number. Alternatively, you can use the Blank header building block (though
that's rather pointless, and you end up with an extra, empty paragraph).

Or, as someone else suggested, you can instead choose the Blank (Three
Columns) header building block, but you still have to use Insert | Page
Number | Current Position | Plain Number (and you have to delete the content
control in the center).

http://word.mvps.org

"Barb" wrote in message
How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top
right?
--
Barb

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a right aligned tab at the right margin. Type the text. Click tab then
insert a page number field.
or
Use a two column, one row borderless table in the header with the right cell
aligned right.

"Barb" wrote:

How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top
right?
--
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Header style already has a right-aligned tab stop at the right margin.
But remember you're talking to someone using Word 2007, which makes
inserting a PAGE field needlessly complicated.

http://word.mvps.org

Pagination girafix Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 09 11:39 PM
Pagination Mary jane Page Layout 3 July 14th 08 06:21 AM
Pagination Oxbow Microsoft Word Help 3 August 31st 07 02:22 AM
Pagination LMG Microsoft Word Help 4 January 6th 06 11:45 AM
pagination Suup Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 05 09:22 PM