Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
matthelm1

Default Creating form, need to set width but auto size height on text box

I am creating a form and have inserted text box that need to auto adjust
height so when word wrap is turned on the entire body of the text can be
seen. I also need the text box width to maintain it's size. When I turn
auto size on, word wrap on protect the doc as a form save it and then try to
fill in the data into the text box it instantly shrinks the width to one
character across and starts to type down one character at a time.

I need to have the text box maintain it's width but automatically expand
vertially as the data being entered wrap around.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
matthelm1

Default Creating form, need to set width but auto size height on text

Yes, I'm creating a form and in the design tool. I have tried putting the
textbox into a table cell, but it does the same thing.

"matthelm1" wrote in message
I am creating a form and have inserted text box that need to auto adjust
height so when word wrap is turned on the entire body of the text can be
seen. I also need the text box width to maintain it's size. When I turn
auto size on, word wrap on protect the doc as a form save it and then try

fill in the data into the text box it instantly shrinks the width to one
character across and starts to type down one character at a time.

I need to have the text box maintain it's width but automatically expand
vertially as the data being entered wrap around.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set the table column width to a set amount and the row height to Auto (not
an exact amount), and you should be okay.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this a text form field? Have you tried putting it in a table cell or
frame?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.