Lem

Default Comments in the Margin?

I'm reviewing a Word doc into which someone has inserted comments (aka
"annotations"). If I'm looking at the doc on the screen, I can view the
comments by hovering the mouse over the comment mark or by opening the
comment pane at the bottome of the screen. If I go to
File|Print|Options and select "Print With Comments", all of the comments
are printed at the end of the doc (like endnotes).

The guy who put the comments in says that when he prints them, they
print in the margin of the page, with a line connecting the text box to
the comment insertion point. How do I do that? Or is that only
available in Word XP or Word 2003? (I'm using Word 2000).

Lem

Looking up a few posts, I see that Suzanne Barnhill answered this last night
in a different post ("Were is the setting..."). I downloaded the Word 2003
viewer and now I can see the balloons in the margin.

Lem wrote:

I'm reviewing a Word doc into which someone has inserted comments (aka
"annotations"). If I'm looking at the doc on the screen, I can view the
comments by hovering the mouse over the comment mark or by opening the
comment pane at the bottome of the screen. If I go to
File|Print|Options and select "Print With Comments", all of the comments
are printed at the end of the doc (like endnotes).

The guy who put the comments in says that when he prints them, they
print in the margin of the page, with a line connecting the text box to
the comment insertion point. How do I do that? Or is that only
available in Word XP or Word 2003? (I'm using Word 2000).

garfield-n-odie

Hi, Lem. "Balloons" were introduced in Word 2002 (Office XP). You
can't view or print comments in balloons using Word 2000.

Lem wrote:

I'm reviewing a Word doc into which someone has inserted comments (aka
"annotations"). If I'm looking at the doc on the screen, I can view the
comments by hovering the mouse over the comment mark or by opening the
comment pane at the bottome of the screen. If I go to
File|Print|Options and select "Print With Comments", all of the comments
are printed at the end of the doc (like endnotes).

The guy who put the comments in says that when he prints them, they
print in the margin of the page, with a line connecting the text box to
the comment insertion point. How do I do that? Or is that only
available in Word XP or Word 2003? (I'm using Word 2000).

filter comments by type Strella Mikohl Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 05 11:18 AM
margin settings from previous document Sandy Page Layout 1 December 24th 04 08:56 AM
Set different right margin at bottom part of first page in templa Mike Norris Page Layout 4 December 10th 04 09:31 PM
Top margin problem Mel New Users 1 December 10th 04 03:53 PM
How can I change the margin parameters of the vertical ruler? cuencadillo Page Layout 2 November 30th 04 03:09 AM