Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
please advise please advise is offline

Default How do i only use black in printing

I have an Epson Stylus R210 Printer and i am only a new computer user. I have
run out of 2 other colours on my printer but to my understanding they are all
seperate colours and can be used singly. I want to print a document in word
that only uses black but i am not sure which settings to change to do that.
thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Don't know about that particular printer, but most printers these days won't
work at all unless all the cartridges are present and have ink. The toner is
where the profit is: that's why the printers themselves are often almost --
if not literally -- given away.

"please advise" please wrote in message
I have an Epson Stylus R210 Printer and i am only a new computer user. I
have
run out of 2 other colours on my printer but to my understanding they are
all
seperate colours and can be used singly. I want to print a document in
word
that only uses black but i am not sure which settings to change to do
that.
thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Hardly a Word question - but the printer cartridges all have to be present
for the printer to work, but from the printer driver properties general
printing preferences main advanced you can choose to use black ink only.

Without bothering to check, I guess this printer uses the same cartridges as
the R200, in which case you can buy cloned ink cartridges reasonably cheaply
from a number of on-line suppliers. I import mine from the UK.