Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dch3 dch3 is offline

Default Formating a Merge Field

How can I setup a merge field so that the result appears in a specific
format? I need to do a mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet as the source,
however the telephone numbers are not formated as such (eg 4079947953). For
the merge, I need them to appear formated as phone numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joshnm2020 joshnm2020 is offline

My phone numbers as coming in from a access database and are in text fields.
Do I need to change them to number fields?
--
..

dch3 wrote:
How can I setup a merge field so that the result appears in a specific
format? I need to do a mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet as the
source, however the telephone numbers are not formated as such (eg
4079947953). For the merge, I need them to appear formated as phone
numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That rather depends on the result you get when you enter the field without a
switch. If it is a number then no.