Sagara

Default Printing comments in Word 2w003

I can print my/others comments in a text either in balloons in the righthand
margin, or as a list at the end of the document. But if I choose the latter,
which I prefer as some comments are rather long, then there are no marks in
the text to indicate where the comments would be if they were inserted in the
text. The comments as they appear in the list are numbered, so can I get
this number to appear in the appropriate place in the text?

Thanks,

Robert
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2FnYXJh?=,

I can print my/others comments in a text either in balloons in the righthand
margin, or as a list at the end of the document. But if I choose the latter,
which I prefer as some comments are rather long, then there are no marks in
the text to indicate where the comments would be if they were inserted in the
text. The comments as they appear in the list are numbered, so can I get
this number to appear in the appropriate place in the text?

Try this, I think it will work. Turn off the display of the balloons. Now the
comments should appear in the text, marked by [cm1] (intials plus a number).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sagara

This got rid of the balloons, but only left a red line at the insertion point
in the text - no comments in the text. I can click the Reviwing Pane and see
my comments at the bottom of the screen with'Comment [rgm1 ... 2 ... 3]' etc.
but no comments in the tex, only a red marker line (which I can turn on or
off].

Thanks,

Robert

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U2FnYXJh?=,

I can print my/others comments in a text either in balloons in the righthand
margin, or as a list at the end of the document. But if I choose the latter,
which I prefer as some comments are rather long, then there are no marks in
the text to indicate where the comments would be if they were inserted in the
text. The comments as they appear in the list are numbered, so can I get
this number to appear in the appropriate place in the text?

Try this, I think it will work. Turn off the display of the balloons. Now the
comments should appear in the text, marked by [cm1] (intials plus a number).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sagara

I think I've solvedit by going to OPTIONS/VIEW and ticking the FIELD CODES
box. Now I get the [RGM1 ... 2 ... 3, etc.] reference marks in the text,
which are necessary to locate where the COMMENTS refer to when printed at the
end of the text.

Thanks,

Robert

"Sagara" wrote:

This got rid of the balloons, but only left a red line at the insertion point
in the text - no comments in the text. I can click the Reviwing Pane and see
my comments at the bottom of the screen with'Comment [rgm1 ... 2 ... 3]' etc.
but no comments in the tex, only a red marker line (which I can turn on or
off].

Thanks,

Robert

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U2FnYXJh?=,

I can print my/others comments in a text either in balloons in the righthand
margin, or as a list at the end of the document. But if I choose the latter,
which I prefer as some comments are rather long, then there are no marks in
the text to indicate where the comments would be if they were inserted in the
text. The comments as they appear in the list are numbered, so can I get
this number to appear in the appropriate place in the text?

Try this, I think it will work. Turn off the display of the balloons. Now the
comments should appear in the text, marked by [cm1] (intials plus a number).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sagara

I can only get the Comments to print on their own, and only all the Comments
(no page selection). To do this just select 'List of markup' in the 'Print
What' window in Print. Only the Comments are printed, each Comment giving a
reference page number and a Comment number with Commenter's initials. But of
course, when you print the text itself, there are no corresponding Comment
numbers, etc. to link in the Comments!!! (Despite the fact that these
Comment numbers in the text can be displayed in Print Layout View!) Very
thoughtless of Microsoft!

So the choices a
1) print text with Balloon Comments in margin
2) print Comments alone
3) print text alone

Hope this helps,

Robert

"Sagara" wrote:

This got rid of the balloons, but only left a red line at the insertion point
in the text - no comments in the text. I can click the Reviwing Pane and see
my comments at the bottom of the screen with'Comment [rgm1 ... 2 ... 3]' etc.
but no comments in the tex, only a red marker line (which I can turn on or
off].

Thanks,

Robert

Hi ?B?U2FnYXJh?=,