Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kister Kister is offline

Default Find and Replace works only intermittently

Even when I copy a word from the document into the Find field, it cannot find
it. Any fixes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One of the most common reasons for Find and Replace appearing not to work is
that the document contains undisplayed tracked changes, and undisplayed
"deleted" text is preventing Find and Replace from seeing what's actually
there. (The same thing can happen if text formatted as Hidden occurs in the
search text, and Hidden text is set not to display.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Kister" wrote in message
Even when I copy a word from the document into the Find field, it cannot
find
it. Any fixes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kister Kister is offline

There aren't any track changes or hidden text. This happens quite frequently,
but unpredictably. I re-boot and it often works after that.