Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cliffordjf cliffordjf is offline

Default Document Assembly software or templates or techniques

Can anyone direct me to information on Document Assembly software or
techniques, please? There are some expensive softward packages that lawyers
use to build contracts. But I am interested in a similar but much less
sophisticated process. I want to be given prompts that will allow selection
of choices, then add the selected choice to the document, then go on the the
next choice.

this is probably not the correct discussion group, but can you help or
direct me, please.

thanx

cliff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Clifford,

Expensive is a relative term related to the time and effort that someone
spent developing the software, testing it for a mirage of possible problems,
and putting it on the market. Depending on the value of your own time, you
might find that they are not so expensive after all.

That said, basically what you need to do is define your template including
all the boiler plate text and locations where you want the varialbe data to
appear (bookmarks), then create a userform that contains the necessary text
fields, checkboxes, options, dropdowns, etc. to enter this data. Once the
data is collected you need to write the code that will put it in the right
spot.

The following should get you started
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

There are a lot of folks who would be happy to do this for you. Myself
included. However, you have to realize that we also have to eat. After you
see what is involved you might think we are cheap ;-)

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Nov 4, 2008. Remember it well. You just might
spend your sunset years telling your children and
your children's children what it was once like in
the United States where men were free.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Also, if you aren't up for an extended period of development, look into
DataPrompter (http://www.wordsite.com/products/dpdas.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

cliffordjf wrote:
Can anyone direct me to information on Document Assembly software or
techniques, please? There are some expensive softward packages that
lawyers use to build contracts. But I am interested in a similar but
much less sophisticated process. I want to be given prompts that
will allow selection of choices, then add the selected choice to the
document, then go on the the next choice.

this is probably not the correct discussion group, but can you help or
direct me, please.

thanx

cliff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You identical post in the microsoft.public.mailmerge.fields newsgroup has
been answered. Please do not post the same question separately to multiple
newsgroups.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cliffordjf" wrote in message
news
Can anyone direct me to information on Document Assembly software or
techniques, please? There are some expensive softward packages that
lawyers
use to build contracts. But I am interested in a similar but much less
sophisticated process. I want to be given prompts that will allow
selection
of choices, then add the selected choice to the document, then go on the
the
next choice.

this is probably not the correct discussion group, but can you help or
direct me, please.

thanx

cliff

bqueenielouisa bqueenielouisa is offline
Banned

There are many free source software is available just go for the software which is simple to use and also saves time and most of all who provides you free support.

document assembly software

Last edited by bqueenielouisa : November 27th 12 at 07:06 AM