Lorraine Turner Lorraine Turner is offline
Junior Member

Default changing numbered lists to 'normal' text

I have used Adobe Acrobat Pro for the first time to convert a PDF to Word (I usually use nitro but I no longer have access to it)

Acrobat is not yet able to keep all of the footnotes throughout the document aligned and instead produces separate sets of "note references" in the text body and "Notes" at the bottom of each page.

I am using a macro programme to match all of the note references (everything marked as superscript in the text body) with the notes (text preceded by a number at the end of each section).

Acrobat has converted all of "notes" at the bottom of each page to a numbered list instead of simply listing them as plain text and the macro programme won't recognise them any more. I thought the solution may be to remove all SEQ fields but the numbered lists do not seem to be marked as such (the numbers don't come up when I toggle SEQ fields (ALT F9) and hence won't remove them (Ctrl + shift +F9)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

I basically want to cut and paste all of the note references to the end of the document in plain text so I can run the software as usual.

i hope this makes sense?! It's hard to explain and I'm not really very techincally minded
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying that you don't particularly want them to be Word
endnotes (that could be clicked to and that could be moved around),
but you just want their content at the end of the file?

Can you remove the auto-numbering by simply changing their Style to a
non-numbered one, or by selecting them all and choosing "None" from
the Numbering icon on the Ribbon?

--
Lorraine Turner

Lorraine Turner Lorraine Turner is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Peter T. Daniels;493586]Are you saying that you don't particularly want them to be Word
endnotes (that could be clicked to and that could be moved around),
but you just want their content at the end of the file?

Can you remove the auto-numbering by simply changing their Style to a
non-numbered one, or by selecting them all and choosing "None" from
the Numbering icon on the Ribbon?

Hi thanks for your reply - I'm happy to have them as end notes (they're not at the moment - they're presented as numbered lists at the bottom of each page)

I had tried changing the style to non number and choosing none already - but the problem is they actually need to be numbered so the macro can read them! just not so that they are all linked together. Whenever I copy and paste it mucks all the numbers up. I want them just to be static numbers that will stay the same where ever in the document I put them.

Thanks for any prompt replies - starting to get a bit desperate now.