Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default how do I find all captilazed words in a Word document?

I have a contract document in Word 2007 format. I need to located all of the
capitalized terms to ensure they are listed in the Definitions section of the
contract. Is there any easy way to locate all of the capitalized words in a
Word document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Greg,

You can use 'Find' with the Find text being:
[A-Z]{1,}
and the 'use wildcards' option. Running this repeatedly (eg by pressing the double-down-arrow at the lower-right corner of the Word
screen after the first 'Find') will take you through all the capitalised words.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Greg" wrote in message ...
I have a contract document in Word 2007 format. I need to located all of the
capitalized terms to ensure they are listed in the Definitions section of the
contract. Is there any easy way to locate all of the capitalized words in a
Word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the whole Word is capitalised, then see the macro to extract acronyms to
a new document at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm

Greg wrote:
I have a contract document in Word 2007 format. I need to located
all of the capitalized terms to ensure they are listed in the
Definitions section of the contract. Is there any easy way to locate
all of the capitalized words in a Word document?

Ernie Starr Ernie Starr is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I have a contract document in Word 2007 format. I need to located all of the
capitalized terms to ensure they are listed in the Definitions section of the
contract. Is there any easy way to locate all of the capitalized words in a
Word document?
Hi Greg,

There are 2 ways to locate all capitalized terms in your document as follows:

1. Use "Advanced Find" Feature
Enter "[A-Z]{1,}" (without quotation marks) in "Find what" text box.
It shall find you all capitalized words. To be exact, it finds all words with at least one letter capitalized.
And only capitalized letters are in selection not the entire word.

2. Run a Macro
Press "Alt+ F11" to open VBA editor and create a new module.
Then paste and run the following codes:

Sub FindandHighlightCapitalizedWords()
Dim objRange As Range

With Selection
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

With Selection.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Text = "[A-Z]{1,}"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchWildcards = True
.Execute
End With
Do While .Find.Found
Set objRange = Selection.Range
objRange.HighlightColorIndex = wdBrightGreen
.Collapse wdCollapseEnd
.Find.Execute
Loop
End With
End Sub

The effect is the same as that in method 1.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this article:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/2-qu...word-document/

Hope that helps!

Ernie

Last edited by Ernie Starr : April 24th 17 at 05:05 AM