Jmor69 Jmor69 is offline
Junior Member

Default MS Word Template functionality lost when uploaded as Sharepoint 2007 content type

Hi,

I have built an 2010 MS Word template document that has been designed to be used as a content type in Sharepoint 2007.

The form was created by using the designer options, specifically:

Legacy Forms - text form fields & Drop Down Form Field
Active X Controls - Combo Box
Controls - Date Picker Content Control

I copied a small piece of code into the combo box to allow for a yes / no answer when the drop down arrow is selected.

The form works well as a template and there are no issues with the designer options that have been inserted into it when it is opened locally.

I have loaded the form into Sharepoint as required. When the form is opened all of the designer functionality is lost EXCEPT for the text form fields i.e. when you click on the drop down form field the neither the arrow nor the options appear, when you click on the date picker control content neither the arrow or the date selector appears.

It is interesting that the text form fields function normally...

The use of the active x combo box was an attempt to circumvent this problem however the same issue exists. The document opens and when you click on the down arrow there is nothing to select.

When I look at MS Visual Basic I can see that the document opens without the code that was inserted into the initial template.

I have posted these issues on a Sharepoint forum and have been advised that the problem rests with MS Word.

Is there anyway to stop the design options from being disabled when the document is opened as a content type in Sharepoint?

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Jmor69
Attached Images

Last edited by Jmor69 : November 1st 12 at 11:30 PM Reason: Incorrect title
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This newsgroup is a bit slow these days, unfortunately. Consider asking in the
MSDN Word Developer forum at
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...orddev/threads or in the Office
Community programming forums at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...tomize?tab=all. In either of
these places, you are more likely to receive helpful replies.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jmor69" wrote in message ...

[...]