Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Recycler29 Recycler29 is offline

Default Margins and orientation

I have used WORD for years and have never experienced this: I went into page
setup and wanted to change the orientation and margins because they were set
by mistake as default to be to small. Every time i try to make right and left
margins to be 1inch, I get an error message that says "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns".
You have the option to click OK and that's it and then it goes right back to
the page setup screen with the old margins and it will not change anything.
Not even the page orientation. The error message just keeps popping up. Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? I tried doing a fix and
repair under the Help menu and it didn't help. I'm stumped. Thanks for any
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is affecting all documents, see the article "Why is my "Blank
Document" not blank?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Recycler29" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron PIretti Ron PIretti is offline

Default "Increasing right margin causes last column to becometoo narrow in some sections having unevenly spaced columns"

Thanks. It worked.
Ron

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] chefrodnee@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 12:50:41 AM UTC-4, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...]

It worked for me as well. Thank you!
FYI: In Microsoft 2013, you go to Page Layout | Columns

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] najak09@gmail.com is offline

Thank you so much. It worked out great.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mckenziedw22@gmail.com is offline

It worked as well!!

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] fuadhahaha90@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, 23 June 2007 23:50:31 UTC+8, ronpiretti wrote:
Thanks. It worked.
Ron

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

hye
ive use your step, but still doesnt work..
still pop up the box saying "Increasing right
margin causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
unevenly spaced columns"..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] cvbn1985@gmail.com is offline

God Bless You Suzanne!