Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alicia Alicia is offline

Default Tables have connected to page formatting

I am working on a huge document at the moment (a document that I didn't write
but am trying to fix) I have encountered a problem with the tables an section
breaks in the document. It seems that the tables have attached to the page
formatting, which means I am having troubles when trying to delete section
breaks that seem to not be needed. I was wondering if anyone could help me
out, I know its christmas eve, so I was hoping someone could help me out.
Happy Holidays!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Unfortunately, the phrase "the tables have attached to the page
formatting" doesn't make any sense in Word. Page formatting, and
several other kinds of formatting, are stored in section breaks, and a
section break _cannot_ occur inside a table.

The nearest I can come to making sense of it is that your section
break may be in the paragraph immediately after the table. But you
should still be able to select just the section break (easier if you
turn on nonprinting characters by clicking the ¶ button) for deletion.
Also, it can be difficult to know which section breaks aren't needed
-- you'd have to be sure that _all_ of the section properties are the
same in the sections before and after the break.

The article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm
describes how to delete a section break without losing the formatting
of the section that precedes it. That may help you to figure out
what's going on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman