Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sandy sandy is offline

Default style count appears in header of PDF version

When converting a Word 2002 document to PDF, the paragraph number for the
styles appearing in the header also appear. The paragraph numbers do not
appear in the document. The header information is defined by a field code
(header 1 and header 2). The field code does NOT include the paragraph number
switch.

I found a macro attached to the document that put the paragraph number in
the header. I deleted that macro and have verified it remains deleted after
printing to Adobe and closing/opening the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sandy sandy is offline

Here are the field codes.

{ STYLEREF "Chapter Title" \* MERGEFORMAT }
{ STYLEREF "Heading 2" \* MERGEFORMAT }

"sandy" wrote in message
When converting a Word 2002 document to PDF, the paragraph number for the
styles appearing in the header also appear. The paragraph numbers do not
appear in the document. The header information is defined by a field code
(header 1 and header 2). The field code does NOT include the paragraph
number
switch.

I found a macro attached to the document that put the paragraph number in
the header. I deleted that macro and have verified it remains deleted
after
printing to Adobe and closing/opening the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sandy sandy is offline

No, we don't implement any heading number/outline scheme in our
documentation. I verified the autonumbering/outlining on all the headings is
set to None.

I'm beginning to think this is a PDF conversion issue. The other writers do
not have this problem. Our documents are using the exact same template file.
We have seperate PDF conversion tools but we use the same product and
version. That's what makes this so frustrating.